Including your team in your business giving process can have life-changing impacts to all involved. Members have shared with us the heightened enthusiasm in the workplace, the increased motivation, and a greater sense of ‘family’ when all team members are on board with B1G1. Without ever intending to, B1G1 has become one of the greatest team building programs ever!
Here are a few ways to involve your team.
1. Explain what B1G1 is, how you intend to get involved, and your reason for doing so. We also have an animated video that can help your team gain an understanding of how B1G1 works.
2. You can invite your team members to B1G1 here to do their own personal giving which will be linked through your account and add to your overall business impacts. They can choose their own projects and give whenever they want. Your company profile page will show all the team members who are linked to your account and you can track the total giving impacts made by your team through the Impact Feed and Impact History page too.
3. Appoint a Giving Leader in your business – someone who manages the business giving for you. You simply need to give them administrator access in your account settings. They can then manage your account and give on behalf of your business.
4. Alternate the role of Giving Leader between team members or offer it as an incentive, bonus, or even as a birthday treat! There's no need to give them administrator access in this case – simply log into your account and let them choose the projects they'd like to give to.
5. Consider bringing your family, your team (or both) on a B1G1 Study Tour. You will experience first-hand some of our projects and meet with the people whose lives we are impacting every day.
If you want to discuss more about how to include your team in the giving, we're always happy to help at firstname.lastname@example.org.